#13 What have we learned and where can we go?

We've reached the last Thing of WCPL Learning 2.0. For this last Thing, we ask you to think about what you have learned in the last few weeks and post a comment (or two if you have a lot to say!) with your thoughts.

  • What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? What technologies do you think you'll continue to use either personally or at work?

  • Can you imagine ways we can use any of these technologies to serve our customers or connect with new customers?

  • Are there any technologies or websites we didn't look at that you would like to share with everyone?

  • Any other parting thoughts to share with us?

Thanks for participating!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

1. I'm using my del.icio.us account a lot more and have added work-related links. LibraryThing also seems very neat. My Google Reader was fun to set up but I often feel "info-overload" looking at it. Maybe I just have too much on it.

2. We could use wikis or blogs to communicate with patrons about certain library issues, such as a new branch or an upcoming library bond.

3. I'd hoped you'd discuss online survey tools such as surveymonkey. I'm in the process of putting one together, so maybe it's really simple.

4. Great job with this! It was a fun and easy learning experience :)

Denise @ CAM

Anonymous said...

Denise said it so well and I agree!
Let's do this again.

Sally @ CAM

Anonymous said...

There were so many new tools and technologies that I'm not sure how I'm going to integrate them into my job yet.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see us incorporate videos onto the website, and use staff blogs to communicate-- I think it could really help in planning events and sharing ideas. Thanks for all the hard work in putting this together!

Kathleen @ ERL

Unknown said...

Thank you for teaching us about the many aspects of cyberspace technologies.

I have dabbled some on my own, however the YouTube videos that explained the weekly topics helped make things more understandable.

pm@WRL

Anonymous said...

Can we keep this going :)
Please! I have enjoyed every week. & I have learned several new things.

Anonymous said...

Looking back through the list of Learning 2.0 Things, the only one that I don't think I'll use much is the social bookmarking.

I use RSS feeds and blogs the most right now, and I'd like to try creating a wiki someday.

I think I really learned a lot through Learning 2.0, and I'm happy to have had that opportunity! (Even if I did finish about a month late.)